Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Dodgy use of my motorcycle

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' at netrider.net.au started by Julien, Nov 15, 2009.

1. Guys

I have just received my second hand Street Triple. It is really a fantastic bike.

One thing is kind of pissing me off though... I bought the bike from a dealership and was promised that the bike would have had its second service and would look a million dollars. When I got the bike delivered to my place on Friday night - quite dark - didn't have the time to take a good look at the bike.

On Saturday, I discovered that the bike was really filthy, dust all over it, the chain looked like it hadn't been cleaned for a while...

Second surprise, the delivery receipt says that the bike was picked up from the dealer on Thursday last week by the transport company with an odometer reading of 11,573 kms. However, the service book shows that the bike had its second service on Monday that week at 11,206 kms... Someone's been riding my bike...

That's really dodgy - I'm starting to even doubt that the bike was serviced properly...

I am really pissed off - I'm definitely going to give a buzz to the dealer tomorrow but I kind of feel that I can't do much about it. The dealer is in Victoria and I'm in Sydney...

I would really appreciate if I could get your thoughts on my problem.

Thanks

2. It's quite possible that everything is all on the level. The shop may have recieved the bike
    and put its 11,206km on the paperwork, then used the bike for test rides and maybe the
    boss rode it for the weekend, taking it to 11573km. Then you buy it, they service it and
    write the mileage from the paperwork instead of checking the speedo,
    forget to wash it, and the rest is history.

I think it is much less likely that something naughty happened (though still possible).

3. Sounds like you were right... I spoke to the dealer and he said he didn't even look at the odometer before filling out the log book...

Concerning the detail jon - he said he's never cleaned the chain of a motorcycle... I guess we must have different views as to what full detail of a bike means...