Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

dodgy survey

Discussion in 'The Pub' at netrider.net.au started by ibast, Feb 11, 2009.

1. I do online surveys for AC Nielsen. I don't mind doing surveys and they have a points program, so I though I'd give it a go.

This morning I got a "survey". Basically it was a ruse for them to put software on my work computer to "monitor my internet usage".

Now asside from the fact that I would get the sack for doing such a thing, I am having trouble believing they are even asking people this.

Even if I was confident I wouldn't get the sack I wouldn't do it morally.

To cap it off I didn't get the points for that survey because I said "no".

I know there are some IT people here so I'm particularly keen to know their opinion.

2. By principal alone I wouldn't allow something onto my computer that tracks my internet usage.

Though as a linux user I doubt their software would work on my computer :p

Being who they are, I wouldn't say the software is dodgey as you are told what it does and are given a choice to install it. Providing that removal does actually remove it, then I wouldn't say it's spyware etc. But the practice of putting tracking software onto a computer is very questionable indeed.

3. I would never install such a program.

No matter where it came from.

4. I would get a laugh out of installing it and looking at the most twisted stuff I could find.

5. Haha, as many messed up google searches as possible.

6. Yeah just keep watching the video over and over again referenced in this link. :wink:

7. can't be much worse than crap like the Alexa toolbar

8. Oddly enough. I had never even heard of that until now. I guess I just don't have friends sick enough.

9. Pq1QAXDS.