Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Dodgy Dealer List?

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' started by robinroberts, May 10, 2009.

1. Is there a list of dealers who may be regarded as somewhat dodgy in their dealings. I had a unpleasant experience with an inner Sydney dealer at the end of last year. I ended up selling the bike just to avoid having to deal with the guy again. Last week I recommended a dealer to a friend whose bike was playing up. Despite the dealer having the bike for three days, they refuse to give him a quote or even talk to him. He still doesn't know what is wrong with the bike or how much it will cost or if they are even willing to fix it. Having a list of dealers to avoid or dealers one can trust with some confidence would be good. :(

2. Is a bit tricky because invariably different people have different experiences with any one dealer, so a cut-and-dry blacklist would be a bit unreasonable IMO.

That said, if there is a specific dealer that you have had a problem with, feel free to whack a post up and tell us your story(s). If you are considering buying from or getting servicing done at a particular dealer/mechanic do a quick search and see if anyone here has had positive or negative experiences with them, and why.
  3. Maybe we can add a vote for or against the business similar to what youtube does, see below

4. yeah a vote system like that would be good. And if you give a negative vote you get a short comment to explain.
  5. Sounds like a good idea Vic - vote pos or neg and short explanation... actually much like the feedback system on eBay...?