Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Dodgy brakes - Sydney

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' started by northerner, Dec 14, 2011.

1. Street Triple was in for 40k service the other day at well known Sydney dealership. All good but the rear brake pads needed replacing - they phoned me and said it needed doing and I told them thanks for letting me know, but I'll install them myself in a day or two.

Anyway turned up and it transpired they did replace the rear pads. No big deal - probably didn't make myself clear enough on the phone.

Since having the bike back (a couple of days) I noticed some strange grinding/clunking noises coming from somewhere at low speed. I couldn't put my finger on where it was coming from but then realised the rear brake pads were replaced and as I only hear it occasionally at v low speed - I put it down to this and me applying the rear brake in slow traffic etc.

Anyway - took them apart tonight and what do I find? One new brake pad, one half used brake pad which seems to have been worn on a slight angle, and the anti-rattle spring clip missing entirely!

Will take it in tomorrow and insist the sort it, but I am so annoyed I can not tell you. I mean to throw in a half used pad is one thing, but to actually miss putting parts of the brake assembly back in at the same time is pretty unforgivable for a professional mechanic in my mind.

Will see what they say tomorrow and let you know. And I will definitely go to a different mechanic next time!!

2. Be interested in the outcome of this.

Messing with a man's brakes is just fkn wrong.