Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Documents required to Sell Bike

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' at netrider.net.au started by LimaEchoOscar, Jul 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi Guys,

I am in Sydney NSW and selling my CBR250RR. I have had it for 18 odd months so have forgotten what sort of paperwork I did when I bought it.

So if someone can help me out would be awesome. What paperwork(s) do I need to do at the time of sale?

Cheers :)

2. head down to rta. =]

3. The rego papers have a notice of disposal slip and buyer's section on the back that you and the buyer fill out, and you each keep your bit to take to the RTA. Also, write a receipt with engine no, rego no, name, date, address, etc, as much as possible, saying that you sold so and so this particular bike on this date for this much money, and get their signature, as well as yours. Also get the buyer to write one saying that they bought this particular bike etc.

Make sure they get a receipt, as they'll get a hard time tryin' to transfer rego, and submit the disposal notice asap in case they get any fines while its still in your name, then you won't get the fine. I believe you can do that online these days.

(PS: Hooray for 100th post! :LOL: )

4. Make sure you also put the TIME on the receipt aswell, incase he takes it out as soon as your gone and gets done by a speed camera! :)

Good luck with the sale!!! :)

5. Stated above, back of rego papers has two sections to be filled out, one for you which you take to the RTA, and one to him/her which they take to RTA for transfer.

I always give them my old greenslip papers so when they pay rego they can renew it instead of going with someone else as may be more money.

:)

6. Thanks

Thanks for all your replies.

REGO has been paid upto May 2009. So yeh I'll draft something up on a piece of paper as mentioned above and put both our signatures. I still have the Notice of Disposal papers from my REGO

She is a beauty and I will miss it - but I am looking at upgrading come summer.

Memories..
    http://s336.photobucket.com/albums/n345/s3cs33/Bike/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.