Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Do You Talk While Riding?

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by MattyB, Feb 7, 2006.

1. seeing as no one can hear you or see your mouth, do you have a good ol' yarn during rides?

i reckon i would (when i get my bike, that is..)

2. I yodel, and swear at drivers.
  3. Yea I do, and swear at drivers :twisted:
  4. I sing at the top of my voice, especially on open country roads, anything by The Eagles, Queen or U2 (El-e-vation... WOOOOHOOO.... WOOHOOO)
  5. I generally stick with breathing (and a bit of thinking on the side).
  6. hahahahahahhaa the helmet kareoke on a nice ride :cool:

nothing like have a nice long chat, or singing along to the music in your head or just yelling gibberish and laughing like a maniac while tearing around your favorite bit of road. :twisted:

7. Isn't talking to yourself the first sign of madness?? :wink:

8. Nah, the first sign is having hairs on your palms.

the second is looking for them
  9. Yeah singing in the helmet is good fun, mine actually has quite nice acoustics :grin:

10. Too hard with a full face helmet.
  11. didn't look, honestly I didn't look :LOL:
  12. THE EAGLES ROCK!!! I saw them in Concert last year in Sydney, WOO HOO, what a concert!
  13. I like to talk gibberish and sing made up words to songs stuck in my head, I tend to talk to myself about the drivers ahead and how bad they're driving too :p
  14. It's okay if your hearing voices, just so long as you're not listening to them...
  15. I swear like at biatch... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
    Esp. when there is a close call with a car etc :oops:
  16. Yeah your only crazy if you believe what they r saying.... :p
  17. Open roads I sing and mangle the words, or hum :grin:
    In cities, I swear at idiot car drivers.

Haven't heard other's voices...yet. But if I tilt my head down and to the side, my helmet has a weird harmonic that sounds like high pitched yelling or screaming. Freaked me out first time as I thought some-one was yelling a warning at me. :shock:
  18. You know the trips too long and your earplugs are no good when at certain angles you can hear weird voices in the turbulance :shock:

Just kidding, it's just annoying.

Also the made up game show "Worlds worst drivers! Come on down!!!"

I reckon most people hang sh1t on the cars around them. I know I do.
  19. :) Nah don't talk to myself while riding... I believe I'm very quiet.

Only times I do is if I'm doing a self commentary ride with myself if I haven't been riding for awhile or had a scare and am building up corner confidence again. I find it can help alot.

Other time are when some knuckle head in a cage is trying to kill me etc. uno the usual...
  20. I am the karaoke queen when i'm on the bike, those holes drilled into the pipes make it loud enough to drown out the sound of my own voice! :LOL: