Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Do you take the LLLOOONNNGGG way home 'cause you can

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by jeffatav, Nov 24, 2006.

1. Who takes the LONGEST way home, just for the fun of it all!!

It was such a nice day I couldn'y resist

(my apologies for the Sydney based ride following, but feel free to post your own area ride for the local riders there )

Coming home from work today and Warringah road (northbound) was the usual crawl.
    Turned up forestway thinking Mona vale road will do instead of the usual Wakehurst parkway.

Got to Terry Hills and it was such a nice arvo off I went down through the twisties of Mc cars creek road (my favourite kilometre, down from the duck ponds, in Sydny Metro).
    Still plenty of time so at Mona Vale, off I went through the suburban twisties out the back past Newport Arms, past Royal Motor Yatch club, up and over the back of Bilgola Plateau, past Clarveille and got to within about 500m of home and couldn' resist turning left out to Stokes Point and eventually came to Barrenjoey road at North Av.
    Should have turned right and haeded for home, but could't resist and left it was to Palm Beach and back.

Really great ride, even though I was tired at the end of the week.

Added on about one hour to the ride, but a real blast and really enjoyable.

Thinking of making it a Friday ritual for the start of the weekend.

PM me anyone, and maybe meet up at Terry hills for the ride to Palmy without any dual carraige way (apart from about 200m at North Avalon) without ANY lights all the way through to Palm Beach.

Post your own Mini tour

Jeff