Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Do you pants ever get caught when putting foot down?

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by moog, Dec 3, 2007.

1. I wear Shift Kevlar jeans and a few times when I've gone to stop and put my foot down, they get caught on the foot peg leaving me hanging in limbo and trying not to lose my balance, which I've almost done twice.

Does this happen to anyone else? And any advice?

I seriously don't want to fall into a moving car!
  2. Depending on what your outside layer is, the peg can catch the bottom of the pants, or the top of the boot (when lifting the foot back up). It happens to me occasionally. I try to put my foot forwards then down. Might be different for others, depending on peg positioning.
  3. I've never had that issue. Shoelaces occasionally, but not me dacks.

Perhaps you need to start doing the Hornet600, and tucking them into your boots. Heh heh.

4. Nope, never had a problem with either trousers or bootlaces.

I did, however, once see a bloke on his way to a '70s night have a kickstart lever go up the right leg of his flares, which caused great hilarity amongst the rest of us when the inevitable happened when he stopped :grin: .
  5. My jeans get stuck when I'm putting my foot up - that bit that hangs off the bottom of the foot pegs!

I just swing my leg out a little bit and then down, just give yourself time to get out of trouble before you stop!! :grin:
  6. This happens to me too with the hornee jeans the bloody bootleg has just got waaaay too much fabric.

I've given up and started tucking in.