Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Do you nod/wave to scooter riders?

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by TWEET, Dec 4, 2007.

?
  1. Are you dreaming, I would never acknowledge a scooter or it's rider!

100.0%
  2. Yes, we are all brothers on two wheels!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Only if its a Maxi scooter because they don't hold me up so much and piss everyone else off.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Tell us, they seem to have their little poll regarding if they as scooter riders wave/nod to other two wheeled riders. I personally don't consider scooter riders to be motorcyclists.

2. :arrow: Are you dreaming, I would never acknowledge a scooter or it's rider!

MsnSlap5_A2K37V. for asking :grin:

Hence my poll selection :p

3. I find the bulk of scooter riders I know (about 10) only ride scooters as a cheap effective (bahaha) mode of transport. They don't do it for the passion of the ride, they do it so the dont have to cage.

Hence, I do not wave, nod or acknowledge scooter riders, except to blast past them.

The ONLY exception to that rule is helping someone out if they're being hassled by a car.. Why? Because I'm human and I can't stand seeing a poor defenseless little thing like that being victimised by a cager.

Other than that, they can GF.

4. mmm i think i mostly do, just depends if i notice em.
    but hey, i nod to cyclists :cool: :p :LOL:

and to road workers, lolly pop people, kids in backseats, grandma crossing the road, blah blah blah, yada yada yada....

5. To who?

6. But then, a few do; some riders scoot when commuting and deserve a nod, and fewer yet, some scooteristas even get the whole thing. Fully geared up and sporting a Repsol sticker kit, it's :LOL:s and nods all 'round, business suit and an open face plus a vacant stare ahead and it's 'you're an idiot', but nod returned if it comes (not once, ever). I won't nod to riders who are being tools either, same goes for tools on scooters.

7. I do and very rarely do they nod back.. :grin:

I think they are shocked that the big biker is acknowledging them.. :LOL:

8. bs2.

Shocking behaviour there Blue

Now thats a moped rider I should have acknowledged.. after the stack that is..
    alol2.

9. +1
    Gold!

10. Ditto from me...

I for one can't understand (or stand) dorks riding without at least SOME protective gear (I only beetle round on a 50cc hair dryer myself but wouldn't dream of zipping up to the corner shop without at least putting on jeans, boots and a leather jacket) The way I see things it doesn't matter if you are on a 50cc hairdryer or a 1500cc rocketsled, if you hit the pavement in T-shirt and shorts at 70k's it damn well HURTS (and you are a tool for not gearing up before hopping on)!

Anyway.... back on topic...

I always return a nod/wave... and will always nod at other scooteristas - even the tools... tho' they (the tools) rarely - if ever - acknowledge me in return...

11. When I am riding my pushy to work I nod to the proper bikes at lights etc, rarely get anything back though. If only we were a more loving society...

12. I do, but only to put them off guard so I can bash them at the lights.

13. I do if they are geared up.
    I don't nod at squids.

14. Sif :roll: , I go out of my way to ignore them unless there hot of course :LOL:

15. I would nod them if I saw them. Rarely see them on freeways, or out doing twisties in the hills :LOL:

16. I don't.

Sometimes they nod at me... I nod back if thats the case... and the ones that do nod usually have their L's and are excited to be riding I guess and nod at everyone.... they haven't realised the world is laughing at them and become bitter and resentful of the lack of CC's... then they stop nodding :LOL:

17. I acknowledge all bikes. They're dodging cars just as much as we are. :grin:

18. edited.....not worth the effort.

19. I ignore them, unless they nod first/are female

but i don't hate them as it is one less person in a cage, plus the more people out on two wheels the better it is for our awareness

but then again i have seen them do some pretty stupid sh!t that would lower joe cager's opinion of all things on two wheels

Cheers,
    Andrew

20. If I'm riding through suburbia or the city I will generally ignore them unless I'm nodded to first. However I have seen them out on the pacific highway a few times and I certainly nod to them there.