Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Do you have an aftermarket exhaust?

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by edgelett, Mar 7, 2006.

1. Micron

2. Yoshi

3. Barracuda

0 vote(s)
  4. Supertrapp

0 vote(s)
  5. Megacycle

0 vote(s)
  6. Viper

0 vote(s)
  7. Blue Flame

0 vote(s)
  8. Other

0 vote(s)
  1. I'm starting to look at different slipon exhausts & am wondering what options there are, and what ones are "best" (whatever that means)

So i need opinions - if you have an aftermarket exhaust, can you let me know if you are happy with it & why it's the best brand for me to choose.
  2. I'm running carbon fibre sleeved Termignoni exhaust cans. They're deep and bass-y on a Ducati. :cool:
  3. You left Akrapovic and Arata off yer list,prolly the best (quality and gains wise) brands you can get imho. :cool:
  4. I was told HONDAS run well on MICRON PIPES
  5. Acras are nice if you are racing. IMO they sound pox on most bikes that I've heard them on.

Im a yoshi fan. Some of the best notes come from a yoshi.

Termis and Ducs excluded :)
  6. actually - I just couldn't add more options.

hence "other"
  7. yeah
    and also missing is Hindle and Vance&Hines
    and Muzzy and Madaz ... :evil:

and how can you forget Kerker? :roll:
  8. Muzzy for the Kwacka's :)

Although talking to my local dealer he reckons Micron already have a beautiful exhaust for the New ER-6. It stays in the same spot as the original but apparently has a GREAT note and improves the breathing/response pretty significantly. He has been riding the demo and reckons it feels alittle 'chocked'.
  9. oh gee, give a girl a break!!

I ran out of options on the poll!!!!!!!
  10. LOL :LOL: poor little edgelett. We aren't bagging you for it, simply throwing the rest of the brands out there for you to consider.

Formula 1 and Arrow are two more that come to mind :smile:
  11. If you can afford one, consider the 'Blue Flame Evo' twin outlet cans from the UK.
    They are the ducks guts for the Hornet in the UK!
    Google should help you find one.
  12. one of these??
  13. I have Arrows on my bike. However, when I put in their chip, the bike developed a severe drinking problem and I ended up with economy worse than an early Firestorm! I complained and ended up swapping the Arrow chip for a FIM chip which solved the drinking problem and haven't had a problem again. The Arrows give my bike a lovely note (I think so anyway) and have yellow badges - have to love colour coordination. I think also at the time I got a deal on them when I bought the bike, although I waited until the 1,000km service to fit them. The deal wasn't available for Termigioni so I decided on the Arrows.
  14. Bugger I can't seem to find any to suit my little bike :cry:
  15. and don't forget...Laser! :p
  16. Staintune are very popular, are they up to much? They are a popular pipe for the VTR1000F.
  17. They are awesome pipes. They have a great note, have easily added/removed baffles for street trim/race trim, are of excellent build quality AND they come with the magic sticker for us New South Welshmen who now require it by law on any aftermarket exhaust!
  18. That must sound Horendous.