Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Do I need mechanic for pre-sale?

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by Syd_Chiro, Dec 9, 2008.

1. Hi I have read the guides and they have been a huge help...but do I need to take a mechanic or someone heavily bike inclined to try a 2005, 26,000kms bike? I mean I only just have my L's so cant even test ride...is someone who rides bikes good enough to take or can i trust that its only just passed road worthy recently? or do I get a mechanic....ideas? Thanks

2. A roadworthy is just that: the bike is roadworthy, BUT not necessarily mechanically sound.

Definitely take some one who knows something about bikes, it is always good to have an unbiased opinion to balance out your enthusiasm. Someone who rides a bit will know if something is off, get them to do the test ride for you. (Mechanic is not a bad idea, but it will cost you)

If you don't have anyone to take, someone on here will put up their hand, I am sure.

Which model bike is it BTW?

3. Beat me to the punch! Said exactly what i was thinking, except i would still recommend the mechanic because you can never be too sure and your buddy might know bikes but piss all about how to check for problems....