Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Diversion 900 AIS - solved

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by swingarm, Jun 29, 2008.

1. Greetings,

My Diversion 900 sometimes idles higher than normal and is subjectively slightly 'lumpy' just off idle when this is happening. I've checked the throttle cable, balanced the carbs (which was easy and they weren't very far out anyway). fuel filter, and checked the airbox and hoses for leaks. The engine seems to always run fine apart from the random idle issue.

Next thing is to look at the air induction system. Anyone had any troubleshooting experience with the Diversion AIS? The Haynes manual is a bit vague in this area and googling around the traps doesn't suggest AIS has any common problems on these bikes.

[edit] Something I forgot to mention. Sometimes the bike will cough (backfire) when the throttle is snapped open at idle. I don't mean trying to wring it's neck - rather just the sort of thing you do for a smartish launch at the lights. This doesn't seem to coincide with high idle.
  2. It was the air filter. The car (low mileage, city driving only) had the same problem - the filter was only passing air at the folds, causing drop in performance and increase fuel consumption. No obvious dirt or damage.

Anyway new filters all around and all is good.