Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Ditching the Car & Hopping on a Bike

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by two40, Nov 2, 2015.

1. About 3 years ago I moved house and the train station is just that little bit too far to walk. I had decided to get a Postie because I've always wanted one and it made sense for the short trip. I ended up with an MX5 instead.

A month ago I paid my car rego and I just realised that for the same amount I could buy the Postie, rego and insure it! So I did. :)

I'm actually torn to bits at having to sell the MX5 now. It's the second one I've owned and I'm sure it won't be the last. Oddly, I've had more fun with it now that I've decided to sell it...

On the bike front, I picked up a 1976 CT90 with a 110 engine and some other mods. It's pretty much a leaned out Postie which grabbed my attention. I'm also looking at other bikes now and trying to resist the urge to buy a CB350F, a CB400F, a ZR250, a CB250F...

fPuLYko.

G2wSIGt.

• Like Like x 3
  2. That's a nice looking and tricked-up specimen of a postie bike!
    Be sure to add it to the Showcase :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Cheers Mouth.

Added it to showcase. I could only add 2 photos. I imagine that's some limitation to new accounts?

4. Dead-set that's keen!

Wouldn't be leaving that at the train station though...

5. Thanks Martha. You've just helped me out something silly! I've been trying to sell the idea of a second bike to my wife and she has been dead set against it. I just showed her your comment and the walls are starting to come down. :)

She loves Kevin (the Postie) as well and would hate to see it stolen so fingers crossed...

6. Lol! Glad to be of help.

And I think it's only when you've reached more than five bikes in the garage (inc. any currently in pieces) that it's considered a problem...

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Mate buy a beater for little $ and commute with that.

Oh and then trick it up like you did with your postie.

So you'll start with this ...

image.
    And end with this....

image.

And then you'll have to buy another beater lol...

• Like Like x 1
  8. That looks gorgeous and I'd actually love to restore a 70's Honda but if I bring another rust bucket home I'll be sleeping in the garage... Hmm, might not be such a bad idea.

I'm restoring a 240Z (hence the username) which is more than a handful. Only complete bikes allowed in the garage at this stage. :)

• Like Like x 1