Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

District 9: Movie fully open SPOILER Discussion -

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by robsalvv, Aug 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rightio, I saw District 9 on the weekend.

I'd happily go back and see it again. The movie is a decent sci fi flick that takes you through the emotional range - except for blatantly having tear jerker sad bits.

There are some large-ish holes though.

One thing that's erking me is the frickin spaceship. It arrived and hovered happily without the command module and without the alien fluid. If all the command module needed was the alien fluid from alien technology... then didn't the Aliens already have a mothership load of alien technology to drain fluid from??? Why search landfills for the disposed technology??

The humans cut a hole in the side of the mothership and had access for 20years... why wasn't there a team of whitecoats crawling all over it for 20years?

There's no suggestion that the small arms weapons weren't working on the mothership... how did the humans manage to cut a hole in the side without one Alien thinking to station a military crew at the door way??

Some serious cooperation must have happened in the early days for humans and Aliens to learn each other's language... what the feck happened?

What about the predicted collapse of civilisation and religion once we learned we weren't the only sentient life forms?

Yeh I know, it's just a movie... but...

I think it's going to make a good VCE study in the future.
  2. hmm I think you need to watch again :LOL:

it was never a case of the humans attacking the aliens and the aliens were 'rudderless' so to speak, they were not looking at mounting a defense in the same way that boat people don't defend themselves against the coast guard...

study the history of SA and that should give you the answer!

as for the floating alien spaceship I can't believe you actually went there . :LOL: :LOL:

maybe the fluid was for faster than light travel?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.