Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

VIC Displaying P plates on a full licence?

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by grue, Jan 17, 2013.

1. [​IMG]

Look at these weasels. I could be wrong on the legality, but hopefully people notice and take note of their current douchebaggery.

2. How do you know they aren't p platers?
  3. I sincerely hope the police aren't allowing people with Ps to drive their undercover cars
  4. Yeah I've seen a P-plater in a fully sick auto mobile pulling over another P-plater in NSW before. It seems like entrapment to me.
  5. Nah it's just P for Po-lice.......

It's a warning, not entrapment.......
  6. Nah, entrapment is when they get you to do something you wouldn't otherwise do, this is just being a bunch of no-talent twatwaffles trying to make money for the state
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Fair enough, didn't realise it was an undercover, thought it looked 'cop like' in that rear windscreen but couldn't quite make it out in the photo.

I guess it is no different from them being able to have a darker tint on their windows (or simply having a darker tint, whether they can or can't is another question).
  8. fixed
    • Like Like x 1
  9. might not be entrapment... but surely it's a plain and simple road rule they're breaching?
  10. Ahhh - thank you.......I knew it didn't look quite right the first time
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Was it 100% a cop? Or just another knob P plater in a commonwhore?
  12. There are plenty of ways to make a cop car look inconspicuous besides putting P plates on. The only reason I can see why they would do it is so other P platers see them and try to race them. The P platers wouldn't have sped if the cop wasn't in a car like that. Sort of entrapment.

But to be honest, I don't really care too much about it, and my definition of entrapment may be a little loose, so I won't argue about it.
  13. Is that a peter Stevens sticker in the bottom right of the window?
  14. Damn well looks like it
  15. Someone on fbo was claiming cop, flashers in the rear window
  16. there are led's in the back window....and i have seen cops use the commy utes in nsw before + seen p plate undercover cars before....not suprised really
  17. I've seen P-plates on a GD car. Probably legit, given the age of the guy driving and the fact that he was under supervision by an older cop. In the case photographed it's possible, given that it seems to be outside a food outlet, that a very junior PC has been sent out for the station's lunch order in whatever vehicle happened to be available. Not saying that's the case, but it is possible.
  18. That photo is quite old, is that icecream shop even there now?
  19. Good point, the Ute is also about 6 years old which is very unusual for a police vehicle
  20. Not a cop car, just a roadside worker with flashing LED's.