Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Dirt Biking Frankston - SE Region

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by barrycarr, Oct 3, 2008.

1. Brand new to this forum so apologies if a similar topic has already been done. But i thought i'd ask.

Been riding a rec reg YZ250F for a year now mostly up at murrindindi, 2 hours from my home! apart from the busy Frankston public track are there public places nearby to ride, even closer than Noogee/Labertouche area? with day light savings around the corner I was hoping there is somewhere to go after work, instead of these day/half day trip regions!!

or are these kept a secret by riders, similar to the secret spots kept by surfers?? :)

2. Hiya Barry,

I only know a few spots down your way and all of them require the full rego, makes things a little tricky, you might want to try a web site DBW (dirt bike world) they have a lot more info on the Rec Reg world as well as orgasnised off road rides etc, good luck though, there are some very nice areas around, but also a lot of police presence so with out the full rego it can be tricky i guess. cheers al
  3. thanks for the info will check it out!
  4. We go riding at welshpool a fair bit which is about 1.5 hour drive. You can ride out the back of dandenong bunnings and through carrum downs etc but I have full road reg so not too sure where else.
  5. god dont be such a tight arse.
    join a club
  6. I think he wants to do something other than ride round and round in circles. And I fail to see how this makes him a tight arse :? :? .