Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Dirt and Road

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by DUK35, Mar 6, 2007.

1. Hey Riders,

just wondering - whats the big difference between the Road Helmets and the Dirt Helmets? - besides the shape and style that is.

like - why are the dirt helmets shaped in that manner? is it sun protection? is it ventilation purposes?
  2. Both ventialtion and shade

You wear goggles with a MX helmet and they are not made for high speed riding - too noisy and not aerodynamic at all.
  3. Yeah dirt helmets have a tendancy to try and rip your head off around 100kmph when doing shoulder checks. I only have one of each so if I'm taking a passenger I just remove the bill from the offroad helmet.
  4. hahaha DUK, dont tell me you're thinking of getting one...

a cruiser rider with a moto helmet :rofl:
  5. hahahahaha yeah right! - I was just curious!!!

part of my decision with the fight between the Harley (or shall I say cruiser) and SuperDuke in my head lol
  6. If you get a Harley you will HAVE to get an open-face helmet, or DuHAST won't talk to you, ever again :LOL:.
  7. hahahahahahaha

thats one thing I can't do! open face on me looks like isht - I got a pin head !!!! hahaha

I'll wear those face mask you get from the kids deal at the cinemas tho!

I think I got Shrek laying around somewhere - that way I'll at least look like a BADASSSSS lol
  8. I have a brand new AGV MX Helmet which is apparently made from composite.

Honestly, it feels like a stack hat on steriods. They all pretty much feel the same way
  9. ... and wear it backwards so we can post photos and point and laugh :LOL: :wink: