Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Dirider Nordic jacket rain liner 'clingy'

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' at netrider.net.au started by ryangus, Aug 26, 2012.

1. So it's getting a bit warm up here, and I've decided to remove the inner warmth liner from the jacket for the first time. However, the weatherproof liner, which I'd prefer to leave in, has a very 'clingy' feel to it. It's a very 'non-slip' feel, and I'm concerned this would be quite uncomfortable, especially with a bit of heat. Taking the liner out when fine and putting it back in when wet could be a PITA methinks, if that's the intention from DriRider.

Maybe all weatherproof liners are like this. Anyone else had this issue?

2. I've found that as well. There are 3 solutions. Live with it, take the weather proof liner out and only put it in when you actually need it, or put the thermal liner back in.

3. You guys must have new Nordic jackets? Mine's about 4-5 years old and I don't think the clingy liner actually comes out?
    Anyhow, another +1 here - I find that about the same time it's warm enough to take the quilted liner out, it becomes "too warm" to wear the jacket at all for the same reason - even with the forearm vents open, I have to peel the jacket sleeves off...

I just figured it's called "Nordic" for a reason, and have planned to buy a summer jacket for 3-4 years now. I squid on warm days in the meantime...

4. I don't have a DriRider jacket, but every jacket I've had that had a zip out waterproof liner was a pain when the weather warmed up.

5. I might rip on Dririder a bit here ("dry", my spotted arse!), but I have to say this jacket has held up well for almost 5 seasons - it's no leakier today than when I bought it, has done a fair few thousand K's and still doesn't smell.
    Not that much, anyway...