Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Directions please.

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by heavyw8, May 14, 2005.

1. Hi all.

im riding with my brother to yarra glen and then off to nerim sth to visit family on both occasions.

can anyone recommend a good ride coming out of melb city, through to both destinations?

thanks in advance.

2. To get to Yarra Glen i'd recommend going up and out through Greensborough then up past (possibly stopping at) the Sugarloaf Reservoir.
    From Yarra Glen to Neerim Sth i wouldnt really have a clue... other than a general trend towards the East with as many twisties as you can find. ;)
  3. Heavyw8

Take the Melba Hwy south from Yarra Glen to Wandin. Turn left on to the Warburton Hwy which goes to Noojee.

Just before Noojee you will come to a T intersection. The area is called Piedmont.

The sign will show Noojee to the left, and Warragul to the right.
    Take the right turn and follow that to Neerim Sth.

To go back, take the turn just past the hospital to the west. Follow that twisty rd to Longwarry where it meets the Princes Hwy. Turn right to Melb.

Or go back the way you came.

Vic roads book maps 79, 80 and 96. I dont have a melway.

4. thanks to both of you...

im sure it will make our trip more enjoyable, getting the most out of the roads and time.

5. How did you get On?

Good trip?

6. No reply. Obviously got lost.
  7. No, I see him posting around the place. :p
    I wonder if he went? Directions might have been too vague. :LOL:

Hmmm gives me ideas for some others though. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

8. lol

sorry guys...

didnt notice the posts.

did get up to yarra glen up through kangaroo grounds... not a bad ride at all.

superb day for it.

it was my bro's first longish ride and he pulled up a bit sore after the first few hours. he wasnt game to attempt a ride to nerim.

thank very much though guys .

i have noted the run you mentioned for nerim as i will head up there soon enough.