Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by sonja, Sep 14, 2006.

1. Collect the new bike

2. Stay home and watch Bathurst

0 vote(s)
  1. Collect new bike, or sit home and watch Bathurst and the Brockie tribute?

edit: The bike's in Gosford. I'm in Canberra.

2. Neither of above; I have to marry off my darling daughter :LOL:
  3. it's the one day of the year, where it's tv all day.... bike can wait till 5.00 that evening.... and if it's from a bike shop it shoudl be closed on a sunday ;)
  4. The Bathurst race isn't a patch on what it used to be, collect the bike! If you left at 3am, pick up at 6.30/7 am, you'd be home for second half of the race anyway......

Regards, Andrew.
  5. I used to get up at 4am. No way am I getting up that early, typhoon! :p

Not sure I want to do it all in one day, either. :?
  6. The ride back to Canberra? It's a comfortable 4 hour trip without breaks. If you use the M7, you are only in Sydney traffic for around 10-15 mins too. Stop at Suttons forest for a break and it should be fine.

Regards, Andrew.
  7. That's 8 hours travel, and assuming I can get up there in a family car/pillioning.

Chances are, I'll be going up by bus/train/whatever.

Details are yet to be arranged.
  8. Set Video, or if you are lucky enough DVD Recorder on Long Play, set time for Bathurst start.
    Press Record.

Hop on plane, bus, car the night before, rest so you ride safely home, pick up bike at 8am and get home around 12.30 to watch the rest of the race.
  9. bike, no questions....brocky would agree
  10. Hey Sonja, smile sweetly at Typhoon and he'll ride it down for you and you can have your cake and eat it too. And he can check out property in Canberra at the same time; a win-win situation!!!
  11. Bike.

Tape Bathurst.
  12. Okay, okay, you've convinced me.
  13. Theres only two parts of the race you need to watch:
    1/. The dash into hell corner on lap 1.
    2/. And the last 10 laps

that gives about 5 and a half hours of bike time.
  14. I promise I won't thrash it either, I'm a conservative rider! :twisted:

Regards, Andrew.