Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Dilemma -who's the tosser?

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by Roarin, Apr 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Well now, after reading a few posts on Netrider of late, I seem to be in a bit of a quandary. Don't you love that word -quandary. So descriptive I feel. Just rolls off the tongue does it not? Quandry.
    Oops where was I? Thats right, in a mild state of confusion.
    It all started last weekend. When I took my dirt bike for a bit of a spin down the Great Ocean road. Complete with dual purpose tyres, mud splatters and all. Avon distanzias to be exact. Now while on my little jaunt down the Ocean road I happened across a group of sports bikes. Or crotch rockets. Or whatever your favourite term happens to be. Now happened across is probably not the most accurate description of the actual event. More like reeled them in at a rather great rate of knots to be precise.
    Now this is where it all starts playing on my mind. What to do? Does one sit behind & observe, or pass the obviously more powerfull & waaay faster bikes at the risk of being labeled a dangerous idiot with a point to prove.
    Naturally I chose the latter. Mind you the pace did increase noticably once my headlight started to loom large in their mirrors. Untill the first nice long sweeping corner out of Lorne presents itself. At which time my dirt bike did the Ewen McGregor pass on 3 of said bikes. (ie long way round for those that didn't pick up on that :wink: :wink: ) Right around the outside like hehehehehe. Next corner & the proccess is repeated on the remaining bikes.
    Now this is where things start to become confusing to me. Especially after reading some of the comments posted here over the last week or so.
    What I want to know is -who is the biggest tosser in this picture?
    The riders of the Litre+ sport bikes who obviously struggle to ride their way out of a wet paper bag? Do they even deserve to own the bikes they are currently riding? Should they be riding on a road that they can not ride at a pace that can match a dirt bike on dual purpose tyres? All important questions I do believe.
    Or, as some here have alluded to, am I just some sort of egotistical crazed lunatic for having passed a group of riders who are piloting machinery far far superior to my humble farm bike?
    I am at a bit of a loss at the moment let me tell you :? :?
    Which strangely enough brings me here. What are everyones thoughts & views on this matter? How should I conduct myself in the future? Is there a code I should be following? Please share your thoughts & opinions. Good or bad. Cheers for now Andrew

PS I have a bike sitting in the shed at the moment that I haven't ridden for about 2 years. Do I deserve to own this vehicle? Can I still be considered a motorcyclist due to this grave travesty?

2. :rofl: :applause:

Andy you're a champ mate! Hell funny :LOL:

3. Yes, "quandry", embarrass them, pass, neither, no, yes, yes, no, disinterested, similarly, no.

Any more questions?

4. We need a new forum section where people can massage their egos by belittling other peoples' riding.

Seriously, mate, for those of us that have always enjoyed your ride reports and your often incisive comment, this is just motorcycling masturbation. Get off, for goodness sake.

5. I don't think you read it right Hornet.

6. so there was just a group of riders putting a long and you overtook them...

nobodys a tosser i guess.. you just overtook them, nobody was racing one another..

but the fact that you've put so much thought into the fact you managed to pass them...... then i dunno :)

7. Hey Paul,

Umm, mate this is a pisstake regarding belittling other peoples riding :wink:

8. Well -there's the rub. I did mention that the pace increased quite considerably once the farm bike started to make its presence known. And one of them did manage to pass when I slowed for a small town along the way :LOL: :LOL: So I do think they might have been pressing on a bit so to speak :?

9. You have sort of closed it down a little too much...

Since there is only one of you,
    and the word "tosser" is singular in your question,
    and you have shown a certain amount of grammatical erudition in your preamble

...that leaves you.

Now if you reword the question, say," Are there any tossers in this story?" it is easier to slam the litre boys.

Cheers

Trevor G

PS That chinese dirt bike you have had in your shed because it will no longer work after the first time you rode it does not qualify...as a bike.

PPS There probably are no tossers becaue the litre boys didn't try to repass you?

PPPS I heard the litre boys made way for you in case you slipped and took them all out. ;-)

10. Where was Falconlord through all this? :? :p

11. They do say masturbation is good for ya tho ..
    :oops:

12. Falconlord was the bike at the end of the straight waving his fist wildly in the air as the litre bikes zoom past only to be overtaken in the corners by a ZZR and NoShowAllGo on his agricultural bike.

13. Personally I have no issues with people riding slow, if they want to ride slow then they should ride slow.

Having said that.... why is someone who wants to ride slow and does ride slow riding a liter class super sports bike in the first place?

That bit makes no sense to me (not knocking anyone, just don't grok it).

14. Probably cos buying a bike for some people (and in my instance) is about want, not need. I don't need a big TV. But I wanted one. And I watch old B&W 4:3 films on it. Through my VCR. Betamax. With a mono soundtrack through the TV speakers.

15. Hey Hornet -you not familiar with the term "allegory"? :wink:

16. Sorry, Andrew, I was not long out of the car after driving 100kms home from work and it was WAAAYYY too subtle for me :oops:.

17. your a funny bastard mate :LOL:

NoShowAllGo = Ag bike round the outside

AllShowNoGo = riding a ZXCBRRRR1 and getting passed round the outside by said person on Ag bike

:grin:

18. Just off subject a little

What do you think of the Avon distanzias? Grip (wet & dry), how do they wear.

I'm thinking of some for my motard.

Thanks

Michael

19. I think it never happened, I think this is some sort of mental test, a brain teaser if you will. The idea of a piece of sh1t farm bike passing sports bikes is silly in the extreme.

On that basis it could be argued that Andrew was indeed touching himself inappropriately in public because the act of passing on the left (on the outside) is both illegal and a move destined to be interpreted as being a self-lover. Should imaginary litre bikes have been trying then of course the chooky would be made to suck the denim sausage in a large way. More than likely the pretend litre bikes were enjoying a quite pootle due to a high demerit point count and/ or were being benevolent and kind to the rider of a sad and inadequate piece of work equipment.

It's all conjecture, given it didn't happen. :grin:

20. There are sooooo many psych levels in this statement. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.