Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Digital speedo?

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by NedKellyAUS, Jun 13, 2006.

1. I have a Bandit 600s and i want wanting to know if you can fit a digital speedo to it, I think they are alot nicer to look at and will make my bike look more modern.

Any help with this would be great.

Also i live in brisbane so if anyone can tell me where to go look/get one would also be great.

2. I have check out those sites but, does anyone know of anybody in australia.
  3. just got in touch with the acewell ( www.acewell-meter.com ) rep in aus, got the following prices off him:

ACE2853 $210.00
    ACE3100 $190.00
    ACE3701 $230.00
    ACE3853 $245.00

and if anyone else wanted to get in on the action, i'm sure we'd be able to oranganise a bit of a discount. seriously, these are cheap as chips for something this good, soon as i get the okie dokie from the boss i'll be slapping a 3853 on the ZX7R :grin:
  4. Just a thought, and not trying to be a kill joy BUT what are the ADR regs (if any) on this??
  5. yes they are cool. anyone know anymore brands/types.
  6. coconuts... do those ones hook into a stock loom or use new sensors?
  7. I'm not sure it i would like it if they did.

But anyone know of any other types in Australia.
  8. speedo uses a new sensor for sure, much like a bicycle speedo i'd assume, but all the other stuff should be off the stock sensors. thinking about it tho, i'd be pretty sure you could calibrate the speedo to run off your stock sensor, might take a bit of stuffing around but i'd say it uses the same sorta principle :?:

i'm definately buying me one of these, if anyone else wants in, let me know. they reckon we can save between $10-$25 a unit buying in bulk, a saving is a saving :wink:
  9. For those interested in the ACEWELL ACE-3853, Ive heard of them selling for $220 including interstate postage from these guys:

Scottys Dirt Bike Spares in Vic

No affiliation, still suggest hunting around - imagine you might get a better price if your doing a group buy etc.

Good luck!
  10. will check that out, cheers lotus :grin:
  11. close, its $219 + $10 for express postage.... still works for me

anyone else keen? i'll play the group buy thing if anyone else is keen