Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

digiads.com.au..who the hell are they???

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by oldkwaka, Aug 23, 2006.

1. Have been getting phone calls all morning from people wanting to buy a xr600 that i SOLD some 6 months ago...They tell me the add is on the above mentioned website...Well, i sure did not place a add with them.So it seems they are plucking adds from here and there and using them to promote there business...Just interested to see if anybody else has had calls from people wanting to buy bikes that have already been sold...The real hassle is that there is no function to enable the add to be cancelled...

2. No contact details on the site either, that's a bit dodgy!
  3. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

The "Contact Us" link just takes you to the top of the page... :roll:
  4. They seem to be using ther peoples ads to collect 'clickthrough' payments......dodgy, but probably not illegal.
  5. Looks like a shell site used to cram as many keywords in as possible to rate on top of the search engine lists. They have link upon link to useless pages of links. also helps them sell ad space too, more clicks they get the more google pay for their ads on their site.

The classified ads are probably taken from other legit sources and just copied over, but never deleted.
  6. maybe this helps:

Registrar ID R00015-AR
    Registrar Name NetRegistry
    Status OK
    Registrant Digiads
    Registrant ID OTHER None given
    Registrant ROID C2490353-AR
    Registrant Contact Name Simon French
    Registrant Email info@digiads.com.au
  7. from a whois search: