Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

difficult starting and acceleration problem

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by quami, Mar 9, 2011.

1. Hi guys
    I am a total noob to motorcycling and wanted to ask for help ab out a problem that i am experiencing with my torino toro scooter, which is a chinese clone of the honda GY6.

the first problem i have is that my scooter is difficult to start first time. When the starter button is pressed the engine will turn over. I have recently changed the spark plug. I checked if it produces a spark which it does. It will eventually start when i leave it for a bit and then come back. I have also noticed that if i let it idle for about a minute it wants to cut out.

What else could i check???

my next issue is that when i have finally get the bike started and twist the throttle the bike feels like it wants to accelerate away but will vibrate like it's struggling and over rev before taking off .

if anyone could help me out with any suggestions i would be very grateful.

2. this reads like too much choke. don't' use choke at this time of year. Maybe need to adjust the idle mixture or change the idle jet.

This reads like the centrifugal clutch needs fixing or adjusting.
  3. thanks for the help will check those out