Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Different Honda CB models

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by Big W, Dec 21, 2011.

1. Hey group!
    Still fairly new to bikes & want to learn to service & maintain my Honda CB250. Have been looking to buy a workshop manual but can only find a couple of books on the nighthawk or rebel model CB250's (Haynes & Clymer manuals)

Does anyone know if there is much of a difference between these CB250 models? I have a bit of work to do on my current 'plain-jane' CB's front forks, breaks etc, but don't want to spend 60 odd bucks on a manual that has different componants than me.
  2. A bit of a google suggests that the CB250 Nighthawk is what we know here as simply the CB250 so you should be OK. The Rebel is the cruiser version so, although the engine stuff should be applicable there may be chassis differences. If the same manual covers both then go for it.

I'm assuming that your CB250 is the basic little twin that's had that designation since the early 90s and not either a Hornet or a Dream/Superdream, both of which are completely different bikes with nothing in common.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. There are pdf manuals online that you can download for free as well. I downloaded a couple of these when I had a CD250 (same engine, different frame). Even if you can't find a manual for your exact model you should be able to find one for a model that shares most of the most important components (eg engine carbs etc).
    • Like Like x 1
  4. ah yeah the CD250 - memories.
  5. it was a great bike for around town, but I did get a bit sick of lying on the tank with my feet on the pillion pegs on the freeway:?
    • Like Like x 1