Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by bass_player, Aug 8, 2006.

1. Hi all. I have been trying to decide on which 600 to buy once off my restrictions and I have narrowed it down to two bikes, the GSXR600 and the CBR600F4i. I've sat on both and they seem comfortable enough for me in the height department and seating position (although the Gixxer seems very wide :? ). What I am after is specifications on the differences between the two bikes or links to websites which has the info. Looking around the 2000-2004 models. All the websites I have found are very americanised and only have basic specs. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

2. Most will claim that the F4i isn't a true sportsbike, but it will likely make precious little difference to you and I, unless you plan on ride days. The F4i will do it all pretty much, it has a bit more midrange at the sacrifice of a bit of top-end power. Both models are fuel injected, there's not much in it power-wise.

The gsxr is a little more sports focused, but at the same time is definitely one of the more comfortable of the true sports 600's. Commuting is no problem on either bike.

Pick the bike that you like the look of, get one with low kilometeres, you probably can't go wrong.
  3. Thanks JD and Cammo. I had my heart set on the Gixxer but it seemed awfully wide. Thats when I noticed the F4i in the shop and just loved the look straight away. I'm no racer boy (I ride a friggen Spada right now :LOL: ) so i'm not fussed about riding a 'true' sportsbike. Still got some time before Im off restrictions so hopefully by then ill have made up my mind. Thanks again.
  4. Hey bass_player,
    If your looking for an F4i I've got a 2002 model I'm wanting to sell. Its got a few more K's than most examples out there but I'm asking quite a bit less than those examples...

Power Commander
    K&N Air filter
    HEL Performance Braided brake lines (front only)

Everything else is stock.
    If your interested in having a look PM me.
  5. Not wanting to hijack the thread but, dark_abyss, do you have pics of your bike for sale and whereabouts are you?

Looking for a F4i myself.
  6. I'm in Adelaide mate, and its already sold.
  7. Argh. Cheers, anyway. :)
  8. check out www.mcnews.com.au and see what their reviews say. They are uslually a good place to go.