Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Differences in BMW bike dealers, VIC (bad) vs SA (great)

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' started by winaje, Oct 13, 2008.

1. Hi all. I recently was chasing information and pricing on a BMW System V helmet, at around $800, and the Bluetooth communication system that fits them. I rang Southbank BMW in Melbourne. Once they finally answered the phone after 3 tries, the guy there demonstrated an elitist superior attitude, barely deigning to provide the info I requested. When I asked him about the Bluetooth kit, I was told that they are no longer made (I already knew this, but also knew that they had be re-released overseas a month or so ago). When I mentioned this fact he told me that BMW will never be bringing them into the country again, under any circumstances whatsoever.
    So, I went to Moto-One in Oakleigh and bought the helmet there, and received a discount as well. Unfortunately Moto-One is no longer trading.

As summer is approaching, and I need a dark tinted visor, I emailed Southbank BMW, but got no reply. EDIT: I did receive a reply, 2 working days after sending the email. (Southbank quoted me a "RRP" that was $16 higher than the "RRP" from Adelaide Motors.) I then rang Adelaide Motors, as they had received a good report a few times on this and a couple of other sites.

I spoke to Bruce there, and asked for a price on the visor etc. He knew that I was not going to be buying a $30k bike, not even buying an $850 helmet. But he still took the time (16 minutes) to talk with me, give me a fair price on the visor, and provided me with the small amount of info he had about the re-released Bluetooth kit (unfortunately not imported by BMW).

The short of it is that, in my experience, Southbank BMW did not provide good customer service, with an $800 purchase on the line. And Adelaide Motors showed old fashioned excellent service, even for a very small reward from a $130 purchase. If I ever buy a BMW, I'll fly to Adelaide to buy it from them.
  2. Just a heads up,

The manager of the store has recently left and it is now in the hands of the old service manager .

All enquiries should be now forwarded to Danielle Hoeymakers on (03) 9686 1999 or danielle.hoeymakers@bmwsouthbank.com.au.
  3. Thanks for the info Vic. Hopefully the change in management will bring about a change in their attitude as well.
  4. I think thats where the problems have stemmed from.

They are in a transition period.

Good luck though.
  5. As of when?
  6. I bought my helmet on 10/10/2008. There was a sign on the door saying "bike sales closed, workshop open". When I spoke to Tony he seemed to indicate that he had ceased trading. He did say that all bikes would be going back to the distributors. So whilst I am unable to categorically state an exact date, it appears that he has closed the doors, at least on the bike sales section.

However, give him a call on 9568 0100 to check.
  7. Yeah, they ceased trading 2 weeks ago.

moto one is know known as moto-none :p