Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Difference between bikes?

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' at netrider.net.au started by mon_4u2c, Feb 6, 2007.

1. Does anyone know if there is a major difference between a virago 250 and a CB250 ? just thinking if i should hire the CB250 to do my P's or stick with my Virago...

They say CB250 is easy to get your p's on?

2. Virago is a cruiser.

CB250 is not a cruiser.

It's as simple as that.

3. Take the CB mate. The test is all slow witcheshat sort of stuff, making the Virago will be a beyatch to get around on.

4. haggis i think he is talking about rideability for the p's test

if you are confident on your virago then go to the test on it, if you think you can make the u-turn and cone weave as they are the main issues people have doing the test but if you are familiar with the bike you should be ok

5. I thought my post explained their difference in rideability :).

6. I did my test with someone on a Virago, and they passed. Don't think it was easy though. If you're not confident, go the CB.

7. yeah but we are talking about a virgo 250 not a 750 or a 1100 250 there wont be all that much difference in weight between it n the cb any way,
    you need to be comfortable get out and pratice see if you can do the manouvres on the virago if not then look at a cb.

8. I would have thought the Virago would have been better because of the lower ride position hence lower centre of gravity ? i may be wrong but just a thought

9. If Gypsy can do his Ps test on a V-Star 650 with panniers still attached (and get 0 points) you can do it on a Virago.

10. Hey mon, I ride a Virago but used a CB250 for my licence test as it was part the site rules to use their make/model for measuring emergency braking etc for the tests.

The main difference between the two is your posture & seating position. My legs felt cramped compared to the cruiser but by shoving my bum back further on the seat I was able to find a comfy spot & ride fine. You may also notice a difference with the straight handlebar as you lean forward a tad but its not unbearable just a little foreign, same for having closer gaps with the levers. Just keep your knuckles up & you shouldnt get any wrist pain either.

The cb250 definately feels lighter than the virago & as the forks arent as streched as the cruiser its really easy to manouvre, almost boring, & appears more responsive due to a quicker/different turning ratio, so if you can do some practice on it before testing, you shouldnt have any problems.

11. Thanks for the tip - i think thats what i'll aim to do... hire the bike for the say for the test and get some practice lessons in using it

cheers

Mon

12. it IS possible to do it on a virago... just a bit harder because of the long wheelbase