Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Differance between R & RR models

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by bandit1250, Dec 2, 2008.

1. Hello people.
    I am wanting to know the differance between R & RR models. All answers appreciated.

The bandit

2. What model bike?
  3. CBR250.
  5. sorry yes cbr 250

7. Thanks Loz/ Donaldo74 thats all I need to know, question answered
  8. Different frame as well. R has a fuel pump RR does not. Lots of other changes were made to the RR to make it almost a new bike. Same engine and gearbox thou.
  9. I thought it was a 'Talk like a pirate day' joke.
    I would go the RR in every example. All the others are grey imports & you all know about those grey imports, they're so, you know - grey.

PS: I went to a Honda ride day at Phillip Island once & rode all their test bikes, I walked away blown away with how much fun a 250cc can be. Needs a pipe, but boyo boy.
    Not sure what that means nowadays with LAMS, 250cc means nothing anymore.... :(
  10. yeah the RR has a larger kink in the swingarm. they reckon it handles better but i havent personally ridden both to compare.

they supposedly have the same donk in them but loz reckon the RR redlines slightly higher? beats me

the R model went though a few different guises in the late 80's. The RR model last from 1990 to 1999 and the model only changed when they had to knock off a few ponies in 1994. with a bulletproof design lasting that long you can bet your life that there are no design faults.
  11. Nice modding work there Loz.
  12. I have a sneaking suspicion that the R had chain driven cams and the RR has gear drive cams. Long live gear driven cams :grin: :grin: :grin:
  13. The RR has an extra R.

Also, on the subject of 19'000rpm vs. 18'000rpm, I distinctly remember reading somewhere that the 19'000rpm tacho was a lie, and the ECU or something limited the bike to somewhere in the region of 18 to 18.5k.

A CBR head will be able to clarify.