Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Diesel Spill Dorset Rd Bayswater Vic?

Discussion in 'Hazardous Road Condition Reports' started by MONKEYMAN, Jun 4, 2013.

1. #1 MONKEYMAN, Jun 4, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2013
    Diesel spill dorset road Bayswater ?

I don't spose anyone knows more specifically where exactly???

Just heard it over the radio. Big spill, cleanup underway.

I'm sure they'll do a great job not.

I have to travel via early morning in sleet and fog and shit. I don't need diesel too.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. #2 Pugsly, Jun 4, 2013
    Dorset Road Near: Huntingdon Avenue, Bayswater North
    Traffic Alert

Emergency Incident
    Northbound lanes closed near Canterbury Road due to a desiel spill.Emergency services are on siteTraffic is being divertedDrivers are advised to seek alternate route.
    Started: 04/06/2013 3:45pm
    Updated at: 04/06/2013 3:50pm

Source: http://alerts.vicroads.vic.gov.au
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. thanks pugso ! (y)
  4. No worries. :)
  5. #5 BitSar, Jun 4, 2013
    I love your sh1T mm......

Funniest bastard on NR........

• Like Like x 1
  6. mmm, I'll DRIVE right through that shit in the morning...No, I don't live anywhere near there either, it's just on the way to work, I go another way home...
    • Like Like x 1
  7. no love for basie
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Monkeyman, I drove past at 5:15pm and it was all cleaned up and clear. I expected to be stopped or delayed but there was very little to see. It was only the last 50m before you get to Canterbury road. It looked like a bit of diesel had been spilt in the middle lane, but it had been covered with sand or absorbant. Keep to the right lane and you'll be fine.;)
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. thanks stevo, champion !

I have awoken five minutes earlier to research an alternate route just in case.
    I will see what google has to offer as well as the helpful suggestions from esteemed fellow nertriders.
    5 minutes earlier on a work day was a huge challenge for me, but so far all is well.
  10. That's right around the corner from where I live and it's all cleaned up now. Was a shitheap last night after a truck lost its load, but no dramas this morning. As you were.