Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Diesel Motorcycle

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by loader, Sep 19, 2005.

1. Hey,
    I thought some of the petrolheads on this list might like to have a chuckle over this :p

looks like its a Kawasaki KLR650 with a new motor courtesy of the US military, not much acceleration and average top speed.

But it claims 600 miles per tank!!!! great for adventure touring!!!
  2. plus the beast will run on Kerosene or Av gas!!! :shock:
  3. There used to be a french mob that built diesel bikes back in the 80's

big parallel twins
  4. Kerosene maybe, AVGAS definitely not. You mean AVTUR or JETA1 both of which are jet fuel. AVGAS 100LL is 100 octane low lead Petrol.
  5. Probably Canola oil too!

I might get one
  6. I reckon a diesel cruiser would be awesome.

Big low-revving V-Twin getting huge torque and good mileage.
  7. That's a gas turbine, even though it's stated fuel is 'diesel'

Compression ingition engines, and the bikes powered by them as referred to by the other entries in this thread are an abomination :evil: and the Road Gods will sure take vengence upon those who ride them [-o<

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
  9. How come the title of this thread has suddenly changed, we were talking about diesel motorcycles, or at least I thought we were????
  10. Feeling dizzy....world spinning....must sit down....
  11. Um yes we have. I posted the link to that bike about three above this one!!