Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Did my first RNP ride yesterday

Discussion in 'Roads, Touring, Journeys, and Travel' at netrider.net.au started by beardedgnome, Jun 13, 2006.

1. A glorious day yesterday....had to go for a ride and thought I'd try the RNP and down over the sea cliff bridge. On the way down I thought, what's the big deal??? This isn't too bad at all. Nice bends, ample places to overtake safely, it was great!!! :) Until the ride back....man the afternoon sun constantly flashing through the trees sending you blind!!!! Took a lot of concentration.

Still was a great ride though. Have to check out the pie shop at Otford. Not the atmosphere of Pie in the Sky or Road Warriors tho.

Greg

2. The last hairpin heading south is the one that gets 'em, though; by then some of the tyros have started to believe their own publicity!!!

Great fun by the sound of it, but you'll have to come further afield and try the Robbo Pie Shop at the top of Macquarie Pass. Give me a call and I'll ride the Pass with you :grin:

3. Yeah i know what your saying with the sun and the tree's ,you can take the halfway exit up the nice easy twisty hill to waterfall and head back on the highway ,if it gets to bad .