Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Did I get done?

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by thecptn, Dec 6, 2006.

1. I was going to make a post about this, how ever, I put this at the back of my mind, how ever, its starting to eat into me.

Yesterday, I was returning home from a good days ride, I was going westbound on that road that goes past the airport, just before the tunnel, the one returning from la perouse , I cant remember it, as I was merging into a lane, this is a four lane road, and as you can all imagine, I'm caring more about my safety than sitting under a limit, as I merged, I continued onwards, and out of my peripheral vision, on my side, I notice the speed camera that I have gone a million times before, I look down on my speedo to see 80..shit!! apply both brakes and im on 70ish.

Now I know there is no way to know for 100% that I set it off, I did pull over and had a breather, I looked at the back of my bike, and I noticed that the wind had pushed my p plate slightly, so that the top of the p plate slightly covers the letters of my rego plate, just slightly, me rego plates reads UU, how ever it sort of now read IIII, you could still slightly read it was a UU....the point I'm trying to make is, are licence plates that have been obscured such as mine...null and void in speed camera photos? is there some sort of rule or some thing that rules these sort of things out?

2. I think we need a picture of your plate here :wink:

3. I am pretty sure that if they can't clearly identify your number plate they won't fine you. We had a write up in the newspapers here recently regarding this issue. Hope it was 'accidentally' obscured enough to get you off :wink:

4. Hmmm hope thats true for my case, a picture says a thousand word so the saying goes, ill post a pic soon.

5. Cptn, if the speed cameras along Southern Cross Drive were turned on all the time, the State Govenrment could retire all debt and move to the Bahamas. NO-ONE does 70kmh along that stretch, despite the cameras.

6. Crosses fingers*

7. Hahah, so true.