Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Did a stoppie.... unintentionally.

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by GreenNinja, Apr 4, 2007.

1. i was on way to friends in afternoon.

approaching a T section and this lady driver (in a 4 wheel drive) was turning right and i was going straight. Doin about 60kms, she was suppost to give way but she didn't she pulled out.....

So i hit my horn then the breaks, felt my rear lift up pretty high..... then landed back down with a ThUmP!

I don't mean to be sexist..... but most my close encounters have been with women.
  2. Hey, just letting you know, your horn should be the last thing you hit. :p

But good job on the stoppie how'd it feel?
  3. If you're a male, I see nothing wrong with close encounters with women :]
  4. lucky you stopped mate... i hit the girl and did a superman impression over her car!!!

pity i wasn't wearing a lycra bodysuit... probably would have gotten closer to her :LOL: :LOL:
  5. LoL, i knew may be some wud say that.
  6. And if you're female, I also see nothing with close encounters with women :LOL:

*ducks for cover* I blame the oxycontin atm :wink:
  7. :LOL: :LOL: undii.. beat me to it!!!
  8. I thought if i hit the horn she'd stop or realized what she'd done but...... nope!

it felt good. like, owww.... I'm on one wheel :) ,

and I've noticed you've got the same bike as me, awum bikes ain't they?
  9. Did the Woman that pulled in front of you to turn into the street actually even acknowledge you were there after you tooted the horn?
  10. Yeah great bikes. Pretty fast as well.
  11. That's actually why I recommend people learn to do stoppies. It gets you comfortable with the limits of traction on your front wheel and how to handle yourself under hard braking to keep both wheels ON the deck for as long as possible.
  12. yep - stoppies teach you what not to do. In my case, I learnt not to follow Caz in the city when her brake light isn't working. :shock: :LOL: :cool:
  13. :oops: :wink:
    that'll learn ya...
    next time tell me my globe has blown :p :LOL: :cool:
  14. I tried practicing stoppies before, 15 to 20 kph, but could never get the rear tyres up (wasted my brakes). Going from 60 to 0 kms did the job :eek: .

I guess it was a good situation where my bike was positioned and going straight in a line, Otherwise..... :shock:
  15. BANG!
  16. mmmn stoppies.. i learned to do them on my advanced course and once mastered you can stop damn damn fast! Practice them!!!