Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

DID 525 X Ring with stock sprockets

Discussion in 'Maintenance and Servicing' started by KumuduG, Mar 6, 2016.

1. Hi Guys

I have a 2015 MT-09 and it's time to change the chain and sprockets. I'm thinking of changing to a DID 525 X Ring with new stock sprockets. So the questions I have are

Any other brands you would recommend?
    Where is the best place to buy DID in melbourne?
    Is it a good idea to go for DID chain and stock sprockets?

Thanks in Advance
  2. No reason to worry about that, just make sure the chain in question is AT LEAST the same tensile strength as the original. If in doubt, got for middle of the price range or higher. You can usually dig around and find out what the rated strength of a given chain is, it's usually in the listed specs, and compare that with the specs for the oem chain. Finding out what chain is used from the factory (the manufacturers don't make them themselves, they all come from one of the big chain makers) can be a little more time consuming.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. x ring is good
    are you happy with the stock gearing?
    if so just ring around the bike shops for the best price
    they will be imported by the same whole saler so
    just ring around
  4. #4 KumuduG, Mar 6, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2016
    Thanks for the reply. This is something I didn't think of. I will surely do this. Thanks

Thanks for the reply. Ya I'm happy with the stock gearing. Have enough low end grunt. I will rind around. Thanks.