Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Diablo Rosso II's

Discussion in 'Tyres' started by toadcat, Sep 27, 2011.

1. Supposed to be getting a set of Pirelli's newest tyre, the Diablo Rosso II's. They're due tomorrow in the mail from Sportbiketrackgear - $245US (120/70/R17 F - 160/60/R17 R, YMMV) +postage.. Tyre's here are a joke, shame the shipping is so much. Can't wait to get them fitted and get them scrubbed in.

Apparently they are supposed to give almost the same amount of dry grip as Rosso Corsas (tracking them on litre bikes is fine according to reviews), but can do wet riding, heat up quicker and last much longer. Can't wait to give them a go.

Here are some reviews I've found:

2. what was the approx price for postage?

Looking to order early next week
  3. I just bought some Pirelli Night Dragons for my v star from motosport. They only charge $30.00 for deliveries on purchases over $200.00 so saved over $200.00 on buying them here in Australia.
    I've invested in my own tyre fitting machine and wheel balancer which will pay for themselves in the long run.
    When I get my Diavel in March I'll order some rosso II's. Ducati in Australia have some kind of deal with Pirelli where you can only buy the rear tyre from Ducati from them for an inflated price. Have already checked the price from motosport and I'm looking at about $250.00 inc freight.
  4. diablo rosso were a piece of shit so good luck.
  5. I notice the word "FEEL" doesn't figure prominently in that review. In fact, I can't the word at all...
  6. really wow, first person I have heard that has that opinion of them, but then again i reckon the p2 are rubbish, guess we each look for different things out of a tyre
  7. I got a pair of these for the D675 a couple of weeks ago and they seems to be working fine for me. But then again, my old Corsa's were sbsolutely stuffed!
  8. I don't think Ducati's the only supplier of these anymore for the Diavel.
  9. You are correct there DJY
  10. I haven't looked at prices yet... but what you paying for your Diavel's tyres kingpin (fitted).
    I'm having a lot of fun on my new Diavel... but looks like I will be going through lots of tyres!