Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Diablo Rosso Corsa Vs. Diablo Rosso II??

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by Nucleotide, Dec 8, 2011.

1. Howdy all,

I've got to purchase a new rear tyre for my CBR1000 and I'm curious what the difference is, if any at all, between the Pirelli Diablo Rosso Corsa and the Diablo Rosso II?

Checking out the Pirelli website and they look much the same. Is one any better then the other and if so in what way?

Have to make the purchase today if possible so any help/advice would be great.

Thanks a lot. :)
  2. yeah the old rosso was a piece of shit.
  3. I don't know about the Diablo Rosso II, but I went with the Diablo Rosso Corsa on my fireblade and I've been very happy with them. Lots of grip, and the dual compound rear isn't wearing out anywhere near as fast as the OEM Bridgestones.
  4. I went from Diablo Corsa III's to Diablo Rosso II's a month ago on the Daytona. I've been through all manner of weather, some spirited riding on the Ol' Pac and grip/tracking seems fine so far. Still have some small chicken strips to banish but hopefully I get a bit more wear out of this set (and don't manage to square off the front tyre again). Only thing I've noticed so far is when "tipping into" a corner... the Corsa III's tipped in slightly easier than the Rosso's.
  5. The Corsa are a much stickier tyre,probably suited for track,roso 11 are a little bit of everything tyre with higher milage and suited in most conditions have them on my 1100.
  6. Thanks for the info guys. I went with the Rosso Corsa and loving them - had them fitted this morning - purchased from BikeBiz - always a pleasure dealing with them.

The bike handles great, drops into corners nicely and it seems to have a little more push/power. The bike responds really well. I don't know if it's because they are a softer tyre so I'm getting better traction but when I turn that wrist now there is a noticeable amount of extra power.

Very pleased with them so far.
  7. I have Rosso II and they're very good. I don't think they're quite as sticky as Corsa's though, those are pretty insane tyres.

Basically, the Rosso II is a road tyre which can do track days whereas the Corsa is a track tyre which can do road rides..