Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

VIC Determining registration history

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by soloman56, Apr 19, 2016.

1. Hi,

I recently bought an unregistered 1984 Suzuki GS250, and the previous owner was unable to provide me with any past registration details. He never registered the bike himself.

The VicRoads vehicle registration form specifically asks for previous registration details. Is there any easy way to track down past registration history? I've been unsuccessful in performing a registration check on the VicRoads website - I receive the message 'no record found'. However, I am unsure whether this is only useful for currently-registered vehicles.

Any guidance would be much appreciated.

Edit: I've put this under 'general', as my question doesn't specifically relate to a particular bike. I hope that this is correct.
  2. If you've got the VIN and a receipt for purchasing the bike should be able to get it registered with that.
  3. Problem solved.

Link: Unable to supply previous registration of the vehicle