Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

details of new speed triple leaked

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by WeeBubba, Sep 30, 2010.

1. here is the link

i cannot wait for this bike to come out will def be on the top of my list to try out when i get off my P's!

reckon would replace the new headlights with round ones though
  2. I prefer the old one!
  3. I really wanted a speed triple until I rode one. Bike is great but the motor was a bit lame. At the end of the day it's the same motor that's in the tiger and sprint. Apparently the new model will have a new engine, can't wait to try it out.
  4. I've grown to like those ugly round headlights. shame to see them go.
  5. Yeah, I don't understand the thinking behind the new headlights.
  6. I'll reserve judgement until I see the whole bike, but I've got no real qualms with the headlights changing a little, I've never been 100% on the speedie's front end.
  7. Nah. Twin buy eye headlights is where it's at. They will probably have to change them back, or offer a choice/accessory for the round lights.
  8. I was always impressed by the Speed T, there are a few that frequent the Pass regularly, and the riders love them

but I've never been sold on the 'afterthought' headlights/front end treatment, and the new bike, in my eyes, makes it worse
  9. Apart from the lights the rest looks ok but those lights look pretty f'd up.
  10. Agree.
    I liked the bugeyes, wasn't too sure about the new ones. Didn't look quite so bad with the flyscreen, but they can't seriously be considering selling it without, can they?

And mooted '20kg' weight saving turns out to be 3kg. Depending on who you believe.
  11. OK, no offence, but thats ugly

12. The original wasn't much of a looker either.
  13. To me the only reason I wouldn't buy a Triple is because of the fugly headlights.
    This looks to be a massive improvement. IMHO
  14. Isn't that the point?
  15. I'm not wild about the new look but I do prefer it that little more than the old one, especially as I've always found the twin round lights to remind me a little too much of something else...
  16. My first reaction to that pic of the whole bike was something along the lines of: 'GGGAAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHH!!!!', but on reflection, with a small cosmetic modification you could fix it right up...

17. Now officially announced by triumph on facebook?!

Heaps of extra pics on there too.

18. Seeing the new pics, I must say I like it!! very nice! The lights are a little different but it still has the same character as before.

Oh and flyscreens are sacrilege on a naked bike, the bike is naked - it looks best that way don't mess it up with that addon. That goes for the street triple too. If you want wind protection then get a sportsbike.
  19. Announced on Triumph OZ facebook now also.