Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Desmosedici up for Auction

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Takamii, Aug 15, 2010.

1. Wow. Doesn't look too bad either...
  2. 989 litre engine? HOLY SNAPPING DUCKSHIT

scratches round the fairing vent would have me in tears if it was mine
  3. which is why its a stupid bike to own.
  4. Damage looks very minimal, I wonder how much Ducati want for a fairing, if you can buy one???
  5. Wonder how close it will get the private sale ones that are going for $90k or so.
  6. no log books either
  7. One with (probably) less damage went for around 50K a few months ago, if I remember correctly.
  8. I must be missing something... imo that is a fugly bike; it would have to ride like nothing else to warrant the price.
  9. I saw a real one 2 weeks ago, absolutley beutiful and sounded amazing.
  10. That's the one I saw

Edit: By real one I meant "non smashed one"

Attached Files:

11. Ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch.
  12. Streetfighter it.
  13. Loz would!
  14. I dont like them at all personally

to me they are a combination of arse butt and dog ugly rolled into one
  15. I don't understand these things - isn't the 1198S or R and S1000RR quicker than it anyways? It's not as if it's a vintage bike where you don't give a shit if it's not the quickest either..

Agreed with the ugly thing too.. They look like a red envelope with wheels :\ The carbon front fender is pretty nice though :D
  16. This thing is essentially a road legal version of the 990 motogp bike. It doesn't care if you think it is ugly because it is better than you.
  17. From what I could see of that one the other day the whole bodykit is carbon, which could explain why the damage does look very bad on that smashed one

Quicker than an 1198r around at track or 0-100?
  18. Round a track definitely, but maybe both... (The 1198 that is)

I remember reading a review between the two, the rider was a bit more cautious on the Desmocedici due to the price & I think it has less rider aids as well.
  19. two/visordown seemed to think the 1098r was faster, more maniac and generally a better bike.