Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Desmo RR gets horizontal

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by juniorvtwin, Mar 4, 2008.

1.  Top
  2. well i dont know which model that one is.but i save an 07 crached one about half a year ago. i Just remeber it was the really really expesive one. Even crached at auction it when for $23,000

3. Poor bastard! :cry:

4. This is an entirely different league dude. Multiply that by 4 and you'll get the price of the bike in the picture scratched. And yes, not knowing what a Desmosedici RR is, is pretty much the motrcycling equivalent of not knowing what colour the sky is :p

I think the owner shouldn't be beating himself up about it too much. Bikes are made for riding, not looking at 'em. I bet he was having the time of his life right up until the moment the 'incident' happened, so it must have been worth it :)

5. You'd have to be nuts to buy a bike you can't afford to crash.

I'm sure the Desmo owner is doing just fine.

6. Oh no... I reaaaaally don't wanna sell mine!

7. Read the BARF Forum posts, owner wasn't even riding it :shock:

http://www.bayarearidersforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=236966

8.  Top
  9. :shock: I'll tell you one thing, if I spent that much money on a bike I wouldn't be letting anyone ride it ever! Let alone in the first couple of hours of having it!

....the quote on my desk calendar today says "The United States has got some of the dumbest people in the world. I want you to know that we know that." - Ted Turner.

I think we found another one of them.

10. This is just like any post on a car forum about someone crashing a Fezza or Lambo:

"Hurrr, what a dick"

"lern 2 drv"

etc etc

i.e full of jealous, judgement douchebags.

So the guy got his brother to pick it up. Who cares? His brother might be a good rider. And as if anyone here on a D16RR wouldn't want to open the taps on a 200hp V4 race bike.

11. Your time has got to be pretty valuable for you to get someone else to pick up your desmo. For all we know he made $75k in the time would have taken him to pick it up. :LOL:

12. Differences of scale in the US, though, some people there can afford to spend that much in a day and not notice it's gone......

13. ^^^ living large "now thats ballin"

14. Apparently this happend as he left the bike yard

15. This is the sweetest ride. Always sad to see any damage on a bike, let alone a Desmi. I only buy stuff that I can replace. If I could ever afford such a ride then I would also be buying insurance cover for it, not just to cover the damage that I could cause but the damage that an uninsured person may cause to me.

16. My bike has got a bigger graze than that from having a slow speed 'off' when I hit gravel going round a roundabout. Doesn't look like this bike was going very fast at all when it fell over.

17. Shut up Mitch, the internet is no place for such sensible opinions :LOL: