Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Deserving of DE5MO number plate...start saving Mickeyb

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' at netrider.net.au started by Toecutter, Jun 8, 2007.

1. Thirty-nine Australians are among 1200 cashed-up motorcycle fans lining up to buy a $100,000 Ducati MotoGP replica.

The Desmosedici RR is a lookalike version of Ducati's 2006 MotoGP bike ridden to four victories by Australian Troy Bayliss (pictured) and his Italian teammate Loris Capirossi.

The bike costs EUR60,000 ($97,000) but will cost its new Australian owners more than $100,000 by the time it arrives later this year.

Ducati planned to build just 400 examples but demand has prompted the company to triple its production run.

The Desmosedici RR is the first road-going MotoGP race replica made for sale to the public in significant numbers. The bike's major dimensions - length, wheelbase, height - all mirror those of the GP bike. So, too, the six-speed gearbox which has a race-style gearchange. Unlike the V-twin engines for which Ducati's road bikes are famous, the Desmosedici RR has the same 989cc V4 engine as the race bike, which is said to produce more than 140kW.

Ducati will include a three-year warranty and three years of service costs in the price. It expects to deliver the first bike at World Ducati Week in Misano, Italy, later this month.

Meanwhile, an unnamed Australian last month became the first person in the world to take delivery of the most expensive production motorcycle. The mystery buyer paid $185,000 for an MV Agusta F4R CC; a limited-edition, ultra-high performance sports motorcycle with 200hp and a top speed beyond 315kmh. The bike is the second of just 100 slated for production.

Source

2. whats the seat height ? :LOL:

3. "The post-modern, subtle-aggressive styling of the Moto model Ducati, is specifically designed to attract the attention of beautiful women.

The DUCATI brand sticker, under-stated lines, and mild colour-scheme, are engineered to communicate excellent taste and the immense wealth that the rider posesses - furthering their status as an object of desire for the opposite sex.

The duck-tail fairing - completely absent of pillion seat - although providing a suitable surface for snorting copious amounts of cocaine, has absolutely no room for a passenger... not even your very slim and hairless Moroccan boyfriend named Cha-Cha, that your wife doesn't know about, you capitalist prat.

We call it The SoloGPâ„¢ "

4. I've said it before: the production run surely qualifies it now for homologation in the World Superbike Championship!
    If they can't homologate the 1098, then why can't they run THIS, FFS! It's already been fully race developed.
    (unless of course, it's a donkey dressed up as Phar Lap :p )

5. Just like Porsche purists who believe the Cayenne is not a real Porsche !

I consider the Desmosideci a not a real Duc . . . its a V4 !

Trivia . .
    Desmosideci . . . "sideci" is 16 in Italian, because its a 16v engine !

. . . just in case one of you appears on Millionaire and this is the money-question ! :p

6. In the running for post of the year :LOL:

7. You're right, its TWICE the ducati.

8. :rofl:

+1, Ktulu

I'm willing to bet they'd sell a few more with a campaign like that.

9. I wonder if all 39 of those wanting to buy it actually ride...or are they just after one very expensive latte.

10. How do you spell 'investment'???

11. well I can tell you that none of them will have the DE5MO plate in Victoria, or anyone else for that matter

12. I just hope someone- anyone!- actually seriously rides the thing.

At least give it the respect of taking it to a track... Bikes are built to be ridden not just looked at.

13. Damn firewalls.