Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Deristricting a LAMS motorcycle

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by Rebel Without a Clue, Feb 26, 2013.

1. #1 Rebel Without a Clue, Feb 26, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2013
    Thought i would upload a before and after pic of the bike

beforeandafter.

And i just bought a 2010 FZ6r.

2. Beautiful paint work mate (y) did you get the seat redone, or just cleaned up?

3. That came out real good! Congrats on the new bike purchase too :)

4. The seat was already in good condition just had to give it a wash.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Your better off getting a restricted lams 650 and unrestricting it on the sly , neither cops or insurance company would ever know

6. Just promise us you will post an update WHEN you get caught so we can have a laugh at your expense. Now that I have my licence...there ain't no way I am risking losing it. What a dumbass...

7. #7 b12mick, Mar 1, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2013
    Exactly how is a police officer going to know that you have derestricted a LAMS 650?

The insurance company might work it out depending on how hard they look at the wreck.

Edit: I trust you are never going to speed, never change lanes without indicating, always give way at intersections and basically obey every road law without fail. Are you considering making any modifications to your bike?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Read the end of my post with the yzf pic in it.

The cops can tell, the throttle is lucky to a do an 8th of turn with the restrictor plate in, cops in the know just twist the throttle, if it goes all the way you get 3 points and a defect.

9. lol, try reading some more if that comment is directed at me, dumbass........

• Like Like x 1
  10. Mate, you were hiding behind the door when the common sense was handed out. Oh, and you simply don't respect your fellow man....That said, Good Luck with it all and not just for your sake...LOL

Kobo :cool:

11. And clearly you were behind that door when they handed out the abillity to read.

12. Oh no, I read your original post but just because you wrote that doesn't mean you won't/shouldn't get the razzing you deserve. I knew the risks when I typed my replies....

Kobo :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  13. I'll ask again.

Exactly how is a police officer going to know that you have derestricted a LAMS 650?

The insurance company might work it out depending on how hard they look at the wreck.

I trust you are never going to speed, never change lanes without indicating, always give way at intersections and basically obey every road law without fail. Are you considering making any modifications to your bike?

14. Um...I think you got your wires crossed Mick...

15. Sorry yes, you're right. It was someone else who didn't answer my question not you. Please except my apology.

16. No worries at all...

17. On the the FZ6r it is a throttle limiter, your lucky if it does an 1/8th of a turn when limited, for a cop in the know (bike cops and tmu) they just twist the throttle, if it goes all the way its been unlimited, others are ecu based which would make it harder for then to tell.

18. I seriously doubt the average copper (bike or otherwise) is going to bother twisting your throttle, not unless you've already failed the 'attitude test' in which case your pretty well screwed anyway.

19. disagree mate, a hyosung 650l carby model has different carby slides and has nothing to do with how much u can twist the throttle. So cop has to pull your bike apart to check, thats if they know what they are looking for which 100% of them do not.