Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Derestricting Ninja 650RL 2011

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' started by xyznetworks, Oct 17, 2013.

1. Hi guys, have tried to do this and have successfully removed the throttle screw. Attempted to remove the ECU plug and the bike does not start, it is just dead. Put the ECU plug back in and bingo, it works. Am I missing something here? Most threads suggest simply removing the plug and covering with electrical tape

2. The plug with the yellow and black wire looped over ? Is that the one u pulled out?
  3. Yep, that's definitely the one I removed.
  4. And here's a bit of a tip for newbies - when you take out the ECU plug, and try to start the bike, make sure the %^&*()(* stand is up!

That's right folks...I tried to start the bike with stand down! Took the plug out again, stand is up this time, thing starts and let me tell you....the bike flies..

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. Ha ha good result mate.
  6. A quick question for the informed.

How much more throttle do you get by removing the stop?

Ie. is it worth just pulling the plug?
  7. Plenty.
    Don't lose the throttle screw and the ECU plug. You'll need to replace them when you sell the bike.

8. My bike is the 2013 model, not so easy to remove/replace the throttle screw.

Just wondering if there is much benefit pulling the plug if you don't remove the screw?

I'm a long way from needing to do this, but while someone has just done it I thought it worth discussing.

9. Not likely cos the throttle would only go half turn.