Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Deposit on new cruiser !!

Discussion in 'Cruisers' at netrider.net.au started by hph, Aug 29, 2007.

1. Just put a deposit on a new xl883c. :LOL: To be picked up in three weeks. Can hardly wait. I'm a bit worry about riding it home though as this is the first time I'll be on the forward controls and its a lot heavier than my current vt250c honda. :oops:

Pics to come.

Btw, I also have the vt250c listed in the for sale section if any one is interested :)

2. Congrats on the Harley

You'll hardly notice the weight once you're rolling, just get ready for the stops in good time.

Gonna be a long three weeks....look forward to the pics

3. congrats hph
    all i can say is take up a hobby for the next three weeks :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
    and when you get it just take it easy you will find that you will get used to the forward controls fairly quick good luck and have fun :cool:

4. Don't be too concerned about the weight. My Dad is 170cm and 75kg and has no trouble at all flinging his Ultra Classic around like a toy (300kg dry weight). It's all about technique....... and braking reeeeeaaaallly early.

5. congrats on your deposit and choice of bike,

i too placed a deposit on a fatboy coming 15.12.07(when my restrictions are lifted) and i tell you this is going to be the longest 3 1/2 months of all time

3 weeks should be a breeze.....

6. don't stress about the weight or the controls... it's all easy to pickup...

i went from a GPX250, to an XVS1100... and to be honest, i feel the yammy is really agile and because the weight is so low, you barely notice it.

the only time u'll notice it feeling a little bit heavy is when you've got a pillion, but that's also managable.

having said that, after a while you'll probably want to stretch your legs out even further (depending on height)... i'm 5'10"... and looking at getting my controls moved forward a few inches.

enjoy! i'm jealous of harleys :(

7. Congrats hph! I'm sure you'll do fine picking it up. I'm picking my bike up in 4 weeks. I plan on just heading in whatever direction feels easiest at the start rather than having to head straight home, or wherever. If you keep your options open, and take a pal for support I reckon you'll be grinning in no time :grin:

8. new cruiser

Yay !!!!! 7 days to go. :grin: Also managed to sell my little vt250c at a reasonable price. Should have sold it prior to putting the deposit may have gotten a sweeter deal from the dealership. I can start hearing jokes from riding buddies :oops:

9. Hi Guys,

What sort of discount can you expect off RRP on Harleys - e.g. Night Rod / Fat Bob?