Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Dented Tanks and pink slips

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Darmac, Jul 7, 2015.

1. Hi all...
    I hope this is the right area to ask.
    Im looking at buying a used bike and was wondering if a dent or dents on a petrol tank can stop you from getting a pink slip.

2. Not necessarily. If it's just a relatively tolerable dent & it doesn't have any holes in it, you're good to go.

3. Thanks. Also what happens when the odometer gets to 99999. Does it stop or start back at zero.
  4. I'm not sure.

5. Have fun finding out!

Analogue will go back to zero. No idea what digital will do!
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Some are rigged to stop and not go round the clock though this is not common. Most will just tick over and your bikes brand new again.

And as far as tanks go it won't be a problem. If your concerned take it to a car mechanic and they'll probably just check tyres and odometer and let you go.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. brand new bike....hehe
  8. I had one that had one and got at least two pink slips

Take it to a cage mechanic like kmart or something for real low care factor.
  9. Hahaha had me laughing at that
  10. You should be right getting a pink slip done, same as what was said before so long as it doesn't have any holes or isn't rusting out or corroding where the dent is there shouldn't be a problem.

But I'm sure you have a family mechanic or a mechanic you take your cars to for the pink slips, just take it down to him.