Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

dennisj46 introductions

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by dennisj46, Aug 6, 2016.

1. I became licenced in the early 60s and have held a rider's licence ever since. I rode for about 11 years, stropped riding for about 30 years and bought a bike in 2003. I have just bought an MT 07 and am familiarising myself with it. I am retired and I live in the Belconnen area of Canberra. My other interests include playing a musical instrument, volunteer work, cooking, public speaking and I have a love hate relationship with politics.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Hello and welcome to NR dennisj46dennisj46 :happy:. You've got yourself a nice ride, MT07 is a great bike with a huge following. Post some photos of her when you can.

What musical instrument do you play? There are quite a few on here who enjoy playing music as well as listening, and there are couple of nice threads going to talk music. As well as politics... You will find plenty of very lively "love-hate" discussions on the subject. Even with public speaking you bound to find some who mastered that and actually enjoy it. Sadly I'm not one of them :bag:
  3. Thanks for the question, Fr33dm. I play the tenor recorder. I belong a couple of recorder playing groups in Canberra, and enjoy it very much.

If I understand things correctly, your bike is learner legal. What do you think of it?
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Yes you are correct Dennis, I started riding recently, and here in VIC will have to be restricted to a LAMS bike for 3 years. That's why I went with a new bigger capacity machine that would see me through this period and won't give me trouble or make me bored.

Honda CBR500 is my first ever bike, and I have nothing to compare it with, but I'm sure I couldn't have possibly made a better choice. It is a fantastic bike for me, very stable and well balanced, fast, nimble, light enough to manage when stationary or at slow speed, has a long fuel range, comfortable riding position, mechanically sound and reliable.... It has been a pleasure to ride since the day I got it. I probably will keep it after my restrictions are over, it does everything I ask of it and is capable of so much more!
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Welcome to the forum Dennis.

Don't we all ;)
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Welcome mate, MT07 is a nice bike, enjoy :cool:
  7. welcome aboard :)
  8. Welcome to NR from Adelaide.
  9. Welcome mate. Nice bike
  10. Hello and welcome. Have fun with that MT07 :)
  11. The Honda sounds rather like the Suzuki GS500 that I bought when I returned to motorcycling. Good range and quite adequate performance. Your signature reminds me of a Murphy's law corollary, which is that a Smith and Wesson beats four aces.
  12. gday dennisj46dennisj46 and welcome to NR - hopefully weather should warm up shortly in ACT - nice ride the MT-07.