Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Demo Bikes

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by PJ2, Aug 5, 2006.

1. I'm just wondering can you purchase Ex-Demo bikes from dealers like you can with cars, its just I have never heard of them. :?:

2. Floyd Parkes kawasaki were selling some a while ago from memory. So there are some out there.
  3. It can be done - my Yammy SRV250 was an ex-demo.
  4. When I went to buy my new Gixxer I enquired about a demo with 20k on the clock cuz I loved the colour scheme. They came back with $14 500, I purchased a new bike for $13 000!!! Mainly due to the work they do on demo bikes - Yoshi slip on, K & N, power commander, after market tinted screen etc.
  5. I was just looking at Suzuki DRZ400SM's on the net and the 1st one listed is a demo.

So in answer to your question, yes, you can buy a demo bike.
  6. my vtr250 is an ex-demo. 09/05 model, bought in 06/06 with 800ks on it, for about $1500 less than a brand newy .. including stamp duty and a month of rego :)
  7. Yes you can.

As long as they want to sell it.
  8. When i worked at Yamaha, the boss said with the Demo's they actually have to keep it for a certain amount of time. Sounds weird but that's the rule Yamaha itself had for them.
  9. Perhaps there is a time criterium for depreciation.
  10. Prices of demo bikes are not necessarily better than the prices of new bikes. :?
  11. Can't have everyone selling brand new demo bikes at demo prices to their mates.

Makes sense to me.