Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Demo bike?

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by Bob66, Mar 31, 2010.

1. Hey there guys,

I'm sort of new to this forum, as i've only been reading and lurking around. So hello to all of you !

I've been looking around for a second hand daytona 675, and i've stumbled upon a dealer-used unit- a demo bike i believe. It has about 10k mileage on it (kms). If i were to purchase this bike, what should i be worried about and be checking for?

Also, should i be worried that the bike was pushed hard and not broken in as it should be by all the test rides and might be the cause of problems later on?

2. 10k and it's a demo?? I don't think so. I can't imagine any dealer keeping a bike long enough for test riders to have logged up 10k on it.

It's a 2nd hand bike and the usual caveats with 2nd hand bikes apply. Check the service history; that should tell you most of what you want to know.
  3. If it is actually a demo you should get your full warranty. Thats how to tell. The shop could have put 10k on it if it was a loan bike as well.

Treat it like a used bike at the inspection due to the kms. Check the normal things.
  4. Thanks for helping me guys, real grateful.
  5. mind you, if the dealer has had it for 10,000 kays and not sold it, you'd have to hope he's also done all the appropriate services on it, should be a good one.....
  6. Hello there again. Sorry for the delayed response. I've instead found another bike, a ninja 250r as i've realised that with my lack of experience, i would be better off on something smaller. I've also gotten quite a deal with it. 2008 ninja 250r for 5900 with 12 months rego. Serviced and only at 6k kms. Thanks for all your help.
  7. Well done Bob66 and congrats on your new ride !
    Hopefully we'll see some pics of it soon... (hint) ;)
    Safe, happy riding mate.
  8. daytona 675 to a ninja 250, lol 1st time ive heard that, its usually the other way round
  9. Hey there ! Yeah i've decided on a 250r because it was my first bike/first ride on actual roads. Was gonna ignore all advices i saw around, and boy am i glad i got the 250r. took it for my first spin today. went around brisbane and on the hwy. quick enough to get a grin. yet not just frightening enough. so my next bike will definitely be a daytona, just not before i'm done with this 250r.
    just a day or two and i'll be posting my new ride up, and how it felt like, riding for the first time. Thanks to all of you for helping.