Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

VIC Demerit point questions

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by MV, Apr 19, 2011.

1. I've a few demerit points stacking up, I will be getting "The Letter" soon, but I am a bit vague on one thing:

If I take the three months option, my demerit points return to zero, right?

(Semantics aside, I know the points will be on my record forever, yada yada yada)

If so, I'll take the three months & come back with a clean slate, so to speak.

Or do I have the wrong end of the stick?

2. Mine did, But they may have changed it since then,
    I took the 12 months no points option this time,, So I got a few extra's with it, So I start with 8 points up when I get it back this time,

Must learn to ride slowly, Hahahahaha
  3. Clean slate, either way. But as Deadman said, if you cross the 12 point limit significantly (eg: if you have 15 points when you get the letter) you restart with the balance that was over and above the 12 points (eg: start again with 3 points)
  4. Sweet, thanks guys, that's what I thought.

I'll walk for 3 months & return with 1 point, rather than riding with paranoia for 12 & still having 9 points at the end of it!
  5. As you know, I'm on a zero point challenge at the moment. I went for a "licence preservation" ride on the weekend that included the Black and Reefton spurs. I felt like a candle in a fireworks factory. Got through it though. Enjoyed the ride within their limits.
  6. Tell me about it, I've been on that bandwagon for a few months now. Still got done for overtaking on a single white line on a learners ride on the GOR, no way I could 12 months without losing a point!
  7. That 12 months, one point thing is pure paranoia.
    I was under the limit and still got done, f#cking stinks, and I did go to court on it,
  8. What did you get done for and how did you go in court? If you don't mind me asking?
  9. 117 in a 100,
    I was with a group and the rear bike came up and passed us, he was doing the 117 and we all got done for it,
  10. Shit!! Did you have representation at court?
  11. F that. If they can't prove beyond a reasonable doubt that YOU PERSONALLY were doing that speed, they should take a running start and jump up their own assholes.

The justice system is a joke.